Monday, October 15, 2012

Jeep Changes


OK, so we've had the Jeep for a little while now.  We made the leap from a '79 CJ7 to a '98 Wrangler.  From a soft top to a hard top.  From leaf springs to coil springs.  From open air to AC.  Both were fun and functional.  So, we go from this:


And then Mary says:

"Maybe we should look at getting a four door Jeep"  I thought...get real.  The '98 runs fine.  It only has 43,000 miles.  It gets everywhere we point it.  So, I did a bit on research on four door jeeps.  I found out that colors were limited.  No one could answer my question "Can it swim?"  I pass on the info search and stay busy at other things.  Then, I spot a tan and black four door jeep.  I thought it was sort of cool....a desert camo look.  How outdoorsy is that?  I looked online again and could find no such color combination on the Jeep website.  I figure the guy must have painted it.  Once again, I pass on giving it any further thought. 
Bad news- we spotted one in a CC area car lot.  An internet look at the dealer's website, a few late evening phone calls, one after dark test drive, and a short negotiation led to another Jeep in the driveway.  We ended up with: 






One thing about Jeep's is that they are a lot like motorcycles.  One never is completely satisfied with how the factory did it.  One adds certain features to make it fit to purpose...or, just because, dammit.  The next thing you know, you're looking at:







Of course there have been more goodies added inside and the pics don't show the new front receiver hitch that was added Sunday.  It's nice to not have that laying around the front room waiting to install.  We've moved all the stuff that travelled in the '98 to the new one.  I should mention the new one is actually a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sport.  Half the time I can't remember the "unlimited" part...I think Expedition?  Excursion? 

A hard part of the change is realising we don't need two Jeeps (shut up about the MC's).  So, the window stickers were carefully peeled and the '98 is up for sale.  I wish I could find the dang title...











2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Those black wheels are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed Luke the pictures, and he loves it. He's very excited. I think it looks pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete