Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sesame Bouquet

I took my parents to Corpus today for my dad's eye appointment.  When they came to my house, they gave me a bouquet of flowers.  The flowers reminded me of stock or snapdragon plants, but I really didn't have time to examine them until we got home.


While we were on the way home, Mom said that the flowers were sesame plants.  Hum...I did notice a resemblance to the plants that were in the field across from their house.  So I decided to examine them more closely when I got home. 


The flower is a delicate creamy white with purple-pink under-tones.  It is very delicate.


On the stems of the plant, the seed pods face upward.  I looked up types of sesame plants and found out that the seeds come in different colors...black, brown, red, and white.  I'm guessing that these are the white kind, because of the plant type.  You can google sesame seed images and find lots of interesting pictures of seeds and plants. 

And while my photography is not the best, I think you will agree that they do make a pretty bouquet. 


3 comments:

  1. Are they growing sesame plants in the big field? That's new if they are....

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have them in the field across from the house and some in the big field (I think). Also on 625 near the farmer's house. The cotton didn't come up, so they planted sesame instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sesame plants are beautiful! What a neat and creative idea of Mom and Dad's. You deserve a house full of bouquets for all you do for them. We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete